Lazada Malaysia has set a new record on the first day of its highly-anticipated shopping event, the Online Revolution. Online shoppers ordered 500,000 items in the 24-hour period, which resulted in a total savings of RM 45 million.
“Online Revolution is the favorite online shopping event in Malaysia and Southeast Asia,” said Hans-Peter Ressel, CEO, Lazada Malaysia. “We launched Online Revolution in 2012 to encourage more consumers to experience the benefits of shopping online. Every year we see a larger pool of online shoppers, with growing diversity across generations and geographical locations. This year our top selling categories were household items, and a higher volume of purchases from outside major cities. This makes us very excited about the future”.
Key highlights from the Lazada Malaysia’s 2016 Online Revolution Event
· Top 3 categories for sales were: Health & Beauty, Home & Living and Baby & Toddler
· 14,000 smartphones and tablets ordered in 24 hours
· Cheapest item ordered was for RM1
· First item ordered was from Kota Bharu, Kelantan
· Best-selling products include Drypers, Milo, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, and JBL headphones
· Furthest order captured was from a merchant in China to a customer in Kudat, Sabah
· 20,000 diapers sold on Lazada Malaysia
· More than 3 Million visits were captured on Lazada Malaysia’s website and apps, in a single day.
This year, Lazada has signed on 1,000 brands for Online Revolution, happening from 11 November 2016 to 14 December 2016. Shoppers can expect more than 500,000 deals, including jaw-dropping offers from Drypers, L'oreal, Nestlé, Samsung as well as ProDiet, Microsoft, ZTE, Goon, Bosch, Tesco, Mattel, Sports Direct and many more. These deals come on top of the wide and growing assortment on Lazada all year round. To date, Lazada boasts an unmatched catalogue of close to 30 million products for shoppers across Southeast Asia.